Friday, May 22, 2015

The Elite by Kiera Cass
Somehow America is still part of the Selection. But when Aspen comes back into her life, will she be able to avoid him and try to keep her chance with Maxon? And what will Maxon do when she tells him about the poverty most of his kingdom is living in? The competition heats up in this sequel to the Selection.

I'm not sure what to think about The Elite. While the first book was pure fluff, this one somehow got much, much fluffier. It was so girly and Twilight-like in that sense that it made me want to gag. Both Maxon and Aspen got really annoying and I just couldn't stand it.

Maxon just couldn't seem to make up his mind- one minute I thought he would be sending someone home, the next second he wouldn't and it just annoyed me how he sort of toyed with America's feelings. Aspen wasn't much better though, making America confused about her feelings for him and whether she was still in love with him.

The writing was okay, it wasn't amazing but it wasn't horrible either. I could tolerate it.

The plot was okay but there really wasn't much happening. I found myself getting really tired of all the boring scenes, and wishing for some action. Unfortunately that never came and that was sort of a let down.

I would recommend this series to people who aren't very criticizing about books and just want a fun, easy read.

Thanks for reading!
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment