Sunday, May 17, 2015

Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan
After the Persephone is attacked, Frances and her friend Libby somehow survive. They are shipwrecked on a raft for 5 days. Hours before they are rescued, Libby gives up and dies. Frances finds that she has no family left and the other two survivors of the shipwreck, Grey and Mr. Wells, say that it was a rouge wave that took out the ship. With Libby's dad's help she assumes the role of Libby for her own protection. Now years later, she plots her plan for revenge on the Wells' who she knows had something to do with the attack. But will she be able to put her feelings for Grey aside? Or will she once again fall in love with him?

This book had a strong beginning and end, but a mushy middle. The plot sort of got mixed up and jumbled to me, although it never got boring. It just seemed like there was too much happening, and maybe the author planned out the book a little too well.

I loved the main character, how she wasn't dependent on anyone, let alone some boy. I really liked how she couldn't quite let go of her past and who she used to be. I think it would be really hard to leave your real life like that and I really respected how she was able to do that.

The minor characters seemed really 3D and the author did a really good job letting the reader know more about them. I really felt like they were real people and that I have known them all my life.

After reading this I will definitely be reading The Forest of Hands and Teeth soon, its been on my to-read pile for a while, but I haven't quite gotten to it.

As soon as this is released go buy it!

***Thank you Penguin First to Read for giving me the opportunity to read an ARC of this book! This did not influence my rating or review in any way.***

Thanks for reading!
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment