Sunday, May 3, 2015

2:20 by Holly Hook
When Julia showed up at her foster mother's house at 2:20 in the morning, she had no idea who she was or where she came from. Now, almost a year later she is going on a date with the most popular guy in school, Frank. When he tries to kill her and reveals that he is a timekeeper sent to bring her back to her real time, she runs. The next day she meets Simon, another Timekeeper that seems familiar to her. She realizes that they use to be in love and she would do anything to get him back, but he is unable to tell her about their past and where she came from. Will they find a way to make sure Frank cannot kill Julia? Will they stay together through it all and will Julia finally find out their history?

Like many books lately, this book started out flat but got better. At first I was ready to leave it and find something else to take up my time, but thought better of it. Now I know that it was good I stuck it out. Like I said, it got much better and I loved the historical aspects and how accurate they were.

At first it had insti-love, and that was another reason that I almost put it down, but then I realized that in the past they had time to fall in love, and even though Julia doesn't remember that, she still gets a feeling that she really likes him and Simon genuinely loves her.

At first I had no idea what the book was going to be about, and the cover doesn't give you many ideas but now I can honestly say that it was a good idea for me to read the book! I would really recommend it for fans of Suzanne Weyn's Distant Waves.

***Thanks to Story Cartel and the author for letting me read and review this book!***

Thanks for reading!
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment