Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #3

Dark Tide by Jennifer Donnelly

Once a lost and confused princess, Serafina is now a confident leader of the Black Fin Resistance (BFR). While she works on sabotaging her enemy and enlisting allies for battle, her friends face challenges of their own. Ling is in the hold of Rafe Mfeme's giant trawler, on her way to a prison camp. Becca meets up with Astrid and learns why the Ondalinian mermaid is always so angry: she is hiding a shameful secret. Ava can't return home, because death riders await her arrival. And it is getting more and more difficult for Mahdi, Serafina's betrothed, to keep up the ruse that he is in love with Lucia Volerno. If Lucia's parents become suspicious, his life--and all of Sera's hopes--will be extinguished. Political intrigue, dangerous liaisons, and spine-tingling suspense swirl like a maelstrom in this penultimate book in the WaterFire saga.

I really liked the first book in this series even if I was a little bit disappointed with the second one. I really can't wait to see what happens though and I hope that I enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed the first one. It is set to be released October 13th this year but that feels like so far away!

1 comment:

  1. Great pick! I've been wanting to check out this series for a while now.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete