Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sever by Lauren DeStefano





                                    


   After escaping from Vaughn once again, Rhine hides with his brother, Reed, an inventor. Rhine knows she needs to somehow find her brother, Rowan, and convince him to stop destroying virus clinics but when she finds out who he's working for everything changes. At the same time Vaughn is experimenting on servants and trying to be the first to find the cure. All strings are tied up in this fast-paced conclusion to the trilogy.

Even though I gave this one the same rating that I gave the first one I feel like this one was significantly better. It wasn't as focused on the love triangle for one thing and that really brought out the best in the characters especially Rhine, Linden, and Cecily. There wasn't as much jealousy between them and I feel like Cecily really matured in the course of all three books. I really liked how all the characters ended up except Linden. I felt like the author took the easy way out in terms of who Rhine ended up with but at the same time she ended up with the guy I was rooting for the whole series so I'm not really complaining.

I felt the storyline was much more realistic than the one in the second book and there wasn't completely random stuff happening with the exception of the plane that Reed fixed. That was a little out of the blue but I guess that since he was an inventor that it could possibly really happen.

Linden really seemed to have no backbone. He just went with whatever Cecily said and his opinions and personality changed like the weather. It just seemed like he was a character there to do whatever needed to be done whether it was realistic or not. I really started to dislike him.

Gabriel was barely in this book. Finally at the end he was for about four pages but it was sort of like the author forgot about him. That part really disappointed me since he was one of my favorite characters and I don't think that him and Rhine got the ending they deserved.

Overall I would recommend this series. It was a good entertaining read and I may reread parts of it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment