Sunday, August 9, 2015

Evolution by Stephanie Diaz


 Clementine's world is on the brink of destruction.  Clementine and her compatriots have no choice but to retreat to the Core to escape the alien ships attacking the Surface, but safety in the Core means forming a temporary alliance with their sworn enemy, Commander Charlie. Unless old feuds can be set aside long enough for a diplomatic solution to be found, all of Kiel's people will be destroyed, and everything Clementine and her friends have sacrificed in their fight for peace will have been for nothing. 

This was my favorite book in the series. It seemed like all my problems with the first two were fixed and like with the first two the writing was awesome.

The world was very well explained. Too many times in science fiction books the world building is just glossed over, but that was not the case with this one. Everything was described so well that it actually felt like I was watching a movie. I also liked how the writing sort of got to the point of things but it still managed to describe. For this reason, my favorite part of this series was the writing.

The plot moved smoothly, unlike the second book. Also it didn't take me very long to get into this one. The other two seemed to drag on in the beginning and this one didn't do that at all. The plot might have been a little jumbled once in a while but the book was so entertaining that it didn't affect the overall enjoyment very much.

I still think that the characters were very well fleshed out and 3D. I loved how independent Clem was and how she could fight for herself. She didn't wait for Logan or anyone else to save her and that is a nice change in the YA genre. The romance was still pretty light, but not quite as much so as the first two books. It was partially because Logan and Clem could finally be with each other but it was also because their relationship had progressed to that point. Its more PG13 than the other books.

I loved this series and I'm really sad to see it end. Be sure to read this one and the first two books! Evolution is released September 8th this year so be sure to look for it. If you like science fiction books with a little romance and kick-butt characters, definitely read the first book, Extraction, RIGHT NOW!!!

***I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review. I have given this above. A huge thank you goes out to St.Martin's Press!***

No comments:

Post a Comment