Friday, April 3, 2015

Such a Secret Place by Cortney Pearson
I received this book for reviewing purposes from NetGalley. This did not influence my feelings on the book in any way.

Ambry is one of the only people in her world who cannot perform magic. Like everyone else she is unable to cry, but unlike everyone else she has feelings that somehow were not taken away from her by a wizard years ago.

I really enjoyed reading this book. At first I wasn't sure what to think of it and thought it would have some sort of paranormal aspect in it, but it actually wasn't. I really enjoyed that since there are way too many paranormal YA books.

I really felt like I knew all of the characters, especially Ambry and Talon. They were the main characters and the book was basically about them getting closer, then being torn apart over and over again.

I did not like Shasa at all- I found her vain and snobby, but that could be because she was basically trying to tear Ambry and Talon apart and that was obviously the only reason she was even in the book. I found myself hating Talon at the end of the book since it really seemed like he was cheating, and you'll have to read the book to find out what I'm talking about.

I would really recommend this book, and it actually made me feel for the characters! Anyone who wants to read some unique fantasy should read this.
Thanks for reading!
~Bri

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely review! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need you to finish writing the second book soon! Otherwise the wait will kill me! I need to find out what happens with Ambry and Talon!

      Delete