Sunday, April 26, 2015

Crush by Chrissy Peebles


I would like to thank Story Cartel for letting me read and review this book.

When Taylor moves across the country, all she wants to do is try to finally get over her ex and maybe find someone else. What she does not see coming is meeting Jesse. He seems to be the perfect guy- hot, nice, funny... But he has a secret that he isn't telling her. Will they make it through it... and more importantly will she survive either way?

I'll admit it- I'm a sucker for any paranormal book. I see it and I just have to have it, even though I know it is bound to be corny and unrealistic. So when I saw this on Story Cartel I needed it right away...

If you need a less cheesy version of Twilight, read this. It actually sort of makes fun of Twilight (bonus) and I also liked how when Taylor finds out that Jesse is a vampire, she doesn't immediately accept it and just trust that he won't kill her. She actually stays away from him for a while and asks questions, making sure he won't hurt/kill her.

The characterization isn't great, but its acceptable. The writing is pretty good, but the plotting isn't the best. It just seemed like everything was happening too fast.

I HATED the insti-love, but I have really gave up on finding a YA book that doesn't have it.

Thanks for reading!
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment