Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Rook by Sharon Cameron
I received this book from Edelweiss. As always, this did not influence my feelings on the book in any way.

In this futuristic world, tyranny is a huge problem and people are being jailed unfairly because of it. Sophia becomes "the rook" to rescue friends and innocents from jail. When her family runs out of money she must marry a man she doesn't even know so that they can keep their estate. Rene may be loyal to the tyrant ruler, so if she marries him will he turn her in as the kingdoms most wanted criminal? Will she fall in love along the way? Read the book to find out!

I have been waiting for this book a very long time. After I finished Cameron's other series, I knew that I would gladly read anything written by her. I had been hoping to somehow get an ARC for a long time, but sort of gave up hope. When I went on Edelweiss, and saw this I knew I should at least try and get an early copy of this. I was surprised when I actually did!

I was not a big fan of the cover, but I was really hoping that what was inside would be much better. Luckily is was! I really loved the writing and all the characters were very fleshed out. I really had a love/hate relationship with Rene, but by the end I was leaning towards the love side.

I loved how creative, fun, and new this book was. I have never read a book anything like it and I'm sure I will remember it for a very long time.

Really, buy this book as soon as it comes out!
Thanks for reading!
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment