Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano
I read this book a few months ago, and I really enjoyed it. I am currently reading the second book that was released March 10, and I decided that before I do a review on that book I should probably let you know how I liked this one.

I love DeStefano's writing and it sort of reminded me of Marie Rutkoski's. They are both almost poetic and really flow smoothly.

Probably my favorite aspect of this story is the characters. I love how trusting and healthy all their relationships are and how all the characters are 3D. While some parts of the book were a little boring or confusing, the interesting characters made up for that and allowed me to still have a good reading experience.

The only character I did not like was actually the main character, Morgan. She seemed too much like a Mary Sue at times, but I liked how she knew who to trust and who not to.

This book was sad at times, and at the end it got downright weird, unbelievable and confusing. The main plot of this book revolves around trying to escape Internment, the floating island they live on, and at the end she finds her parents were helping build a "bird" to fly down to Earth. This was weird and a little too convenient for me to believe and it made my overall appreciation for the book less.
I would really recommend reading this book, but I'm not sure about the second book yet, since I'm not very far into it.
Thanks for reading!
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment