Saturday, March 28, 2015

Soul Crossed by Lisa Gail Green
I received this book from Story Cartel for reviewing purposes. This did not influence my review or rating in any way.

I am really surprised right now. When I first saw this book, I thought it would be something like Fallen by Lauren Kate- centered around the romance in a boring way, and with no substance. This book actually was good. I liked the writing and it was a nice change from all the errors I've been seeing in books lately.

Even though the story was focused on the romance, it was in a good way and wasn't too sappy, and the main character was very independent.

The book was about Grace, an angel in training, falling in love with Josh, devil in training. They don't realize what each other are at first and fall in love with each other. They both need to try and make a boy go over to their side, and they're doomed if they don't.

In some ways this book reminded me of Christina Lauren's Sublime, but in other ways it was completely different. I now realize that when I picked up Sublime I thought it would be like this book, and I was let down by it. When I picked up this book I was hoping it would be what I wanted in Sublime and it definitely was. I'm really glad I read this book!

I would really like to thank Story Cartel for supplying me with this book, and also the author. If you're thinking you might read this, go and pick it up ASAP!

Thanks for reading!
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment