Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Red Dragon by A.B. Wolverton

For me, this book was not nearly as good as the first one. I really do not like the characters, the insti-love drove me crazy, and everything seemed too made up and unrealistic.

I'll start out with the characters. They got to be too demanding and sort of bratty. I didn't really like how they all seemed to find a "soulmate", and all of them just accepted that. I got really confused when Freda and Henri were apart and Henri started to think that they had been with each other in a past life. That was a little to corny for me, and honestly I don't understand what that had to do with anything in the story. Also I think that the couples knew each other for such a short time that they couldn't know for a fact that they love each other.

Another thing that I found super annoying is what the characters called each other- "my friend", "little witch", "girl"... the list goes on and on. Every time I read one of those I just cringed. It just really annoys me in books where they don't call each other by their names or nicknames.

I didn't like how Freda was so easily forgiving and trusting. If I were a witch that a lot of people want to kill, I wouldn't be talking to strangers on planes and telling them my life story, even if they were my "guardians". I would be a little scared about if they have other motives or are spies.

The battle scenes were also unrealistic, but those are hard to write and describe. I didn't like how in the end all the characters found their way to the circle even though they never communicated with each other about meeting there.

I will be reading the next book when it's released, and I hope it's more like the first book.
Thanks for reading!
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment