Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Win The Rings by K.D. Van Brunt

The U.S. Army captures any shifters and trains them for their own gain. Jace has been their property for most of her life. Unlike her, Gray has been running from them most of his life. What will happen when Jace is sent to capture Gray?

I dragged through this book. For me it seemed really slow paced and not much seemed to be happening. I just couldn't get into it and it took me a REALLY long time to finish.

The writing in this book was very good. The author seemed really experienced and how good the words flowed seemed to make the book more enjoyable for me. This was the one aspect that kept me reading and stopped me from DNF-ing it.

Some of the characters' actions really annoyed me. At times I felt myself cringing at some of the things that I felt were sort of dumb. I understand that no character can be perfect though and that makes the story more interesting.

There wasn't much (if any) romance in this book and that was a nice change from some other YA. I also liked how it had some military stuff in it, but I just wish it had more. I feel that would have made the book appeal to a wider range of people.

I might recommend this based on what other books you enjoyed. If you want a YA dystopian with little romance and military, then this book is for you. If you want something like The Hunger Games or Divergent, look elsewhere.

***Thanks go out to the author and BookBlogging.net for sending me a review copy of this book. This did not influence my review in any way.***

Thanks for reading!
~Bri


No comments:

Post a Comment