Monday, June 29, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (Book Haul) #2

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first time doing a "Stacking the Shelves" post, so I'm really excited! A few weeks ago I tried a book haul post and that went pretty well but I decided to join many other bloggers out there and be a part of this instead. The blurb about Stacking the Shelves that I included above is from the blog that started this program. I'm pretty new to this, but really excited! Books that I include will be from not only this week, but a few weeks before that. I've been sort of getting behind, but hopefully I can get back on track soon!

Books from publishers:

Penguin:

Tracked by Jenny Martin

Penguin was awesome enough to send me a hardcover copy of Tracked and also a bag, a keychain, and a bookmark!! I have been wanting to read this book for a while, so when I got it in the mail I was ecstatic! I will be reading this hopefully in the next week or so and I will have my review up as soon as I can!

St. Martin's Press:

Evolution by Stephanie Diaz

This was actually the first book that I ever requested directly from a publisher! I was so nervous and I didn't even know how to start my Email, but the publicist there was super nice and sent me a review copy! I really loved the first two books in this series, so you have no idea how happy I am to read and review this!

The Poisoned Pencil Press:

The Shadow of Seth by Tom Llewellyn

I requested this when I saw an advertisement for it on a ShelfAwareness daily email. It captured my attention when I saw that it was a YA mystery and that was when I knew that I had to request an ARC of it. It will be released in August so my review will be up really soon.

Endangered by Kate Jaimet

I requested this the same time as I requested The Shadow of Seth. I originally thought that I would like TSoS more than this one, but the opposite turned out to be true. My review for both will be up sometime this week.

BookLogix:

Nothing But Your Memories by H.B. Clementine

I requested this book through bookblogging.net and I got approved. I'm really excited to start this one since its dystopian and its been a while since I've read anything in that genre.

Self- Published:

Blood of Toma by Lauren Lee Merewether

This is another book that I requested through bookblogging.net. I'm excited to read this since it seems to have a little history in it and that really intrigues me. It was really cool how the author also sent a pen and a bookmark and signed the book. I'm really excited to read this and it seems to show a lot of promise.

Bookstore:

A Night Divided by Jennifer A. Neilen

I found a really cool bookstore this past weekend. If you purchase a book, you have the option to have a free ARC that they are done with. I found this to be a really cool idea. I went a little overboard buying books, ending up buying five, so that I could get five free ARCs. This was one of them that I picked. I really loved her other series and this one is also about the Berlin Wall. I recently read The Notorious Pagan Jones so this really got me excited.

The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender

This was another one of the ARCs I picked. Just like A Night Divided, I have read the author's work before so I knew that this would be awesome. My review will be up really soon!

Sanctuary by Jennifer McKissack

Like all the other ones, I got this at the bookstore I found. I was drawn to this one by the cover with the beach and how lonely the girl seemed. I knew nothing about this book when I picked it out, but I will tell more about it in my review.

Untwine by Edwidge Danticat

I had never heard of this one before, but it really interested me how its about twins having some sort of connection.

The Lightning Queen by Laura Resau

Last but not least, I also got this one from the bookstore. It drew me in when I read that it takes place over many years and characters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So that was my first Stacking the Shelves!! Stay tuned for many more!

Thanks for reading!
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment