Friday, June 12, 2015

Ice Kissed by Amanda Hocking
Bryn continues to protect her kingdom by guarding the Skojare queen from whoever is trying to kill her. To top it off, her relationship with Ridley is heating up but she might not be ready. Will she be able to figure everything out before the queen's attempted murderer comes back for revenge?

This book was much better than Frostfire. I could actually recognize it as Amanda Hocking's writing and it felt more connected to the Trylle series. I really enjoyed reading it.


There was romance in this book, unlike the first one which didn't have any. Definitely PG-13 stuff so little kids definitely should not be reading it. The cover makes it look like it might be suitable, but trust me it isn't.

The thing I like most about Hocking's books is how relatable the characters are. I really understand them and find myself connecting with them which is an awesome thing to feel while reading. The only characters I really didn't like were the more minor ones that weren't described as much.

The plot sometimes got boring, but overall it was pretty good. Events seemed to be evenly paced and that was another bonus for me. I will definitely read anything by this author and I honestly believe that after you read the Trylle series you will be hooked. I fell in love with this world and after I read Crystal Kingdom I can assure you that I will be heartbroken that it's over. I cannot recommend this series enough!

Thanks for reading!
~Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment