Monday, September 28, 2015

Review: Blue Moon by Alyson Noel

DNF
284 Pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: July 7th, 2009

Alyson Noël's bestselling Immortals series has been hailed as "addictive," "beautiful," "haunting," and "mesmerizing." In Blue Moon, Ever has a chance to bring her family back from the dead - but only if she's willing to sacrifice the guy she loves more than life itself.

Just as Ever is learning everything she can about her new abilities as an immortal, initiated into the dark, seductive world by her beloved Damen, something terrible is happening to him. As Ever's powers are increasing, Damen's begin to fade after he is stricken by a mysterious illness that threatens his memory, his identity, his life.

Desperate to save him, Ever travels to the mystical dimension of Summerland, where she uncovers not only the secrets of Damen's past - the brutal, tortured history he hoped to keep hidden - but also an ancient text revealing the workings of time. With the approaching blue moon heralding her only window for travel, Ever is forced to decide between turning back the clock and saving her family from the accident that claimed them - or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows weaker each day....


Its no secret that I really hated the first book- absolutely no 3D characters, a corny romance, a love interest that seemed to not be able to make up his mind... So I was very cautious when I started this book. Four years ago when I first attempted to conquer this series I really had problems with the first three books (the only ones I could force myself to read) and that definitely has not changed all these years later. Ever was a whiny as ever (no pun intended) and Damon was just as much as a corny jerk as I felt he was years ago. I DNFed this at about 200 pages and I honestly have no regrets. I will most likely not be coming back to the series either, even though I do own all six of the books. Lifes too short to waste on books you don't enjoy and for that reason a lot of my reviews from now on are probably going to be DNFs since I've given up on forcing myself to finish books I don't really care about. There are way to many good books in the world to be wasting my time on the ones I may think are not so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment