Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Shadow of Seth by Tom Llewellyn
When Seth finds his mother dead, he knows it wasn't an accident. With barely any help from the police, he goes out to solve the mystery. Along the way he meets a girl that isn't as perfect as she seems, and he learns that barely anyone can be trusted. Can he find his mom's killer before he gets killed too?
 
I was really surprised with this book. Full of twists and turns, it grabbed my attention and wouldn't let go. Sure, I had my problems with it but at the end of the day those can be overlooked and you can still really enjoy the book.
 
I really did not like how the police treated Seth in this book. I hope that in real life they are a bit more caring and less concerned with what neighborhood Seth just happens to live in. I really respected him and his mom and how they got through everything together. I know for a fact that if I was in his shoes, after his mom got murdered, I definitely would not have handled it so well. Overall, he was a great character that I could really connect with.
 
Azura was a so-so character. I liked how she had a backstory and wasn't what she seemed, but at the same time I didn't like how she never seemed to have a backbone and just went with everything. I also didn't like how there wasn't much of a closure at the end between her and Seth. It leaves room for a possible sequel though, so that might be the reason for the semi-cliffhanger.
 
The mystery was okay. I could sort of see who killed his mom from the beginning, but at the same time I was sort of doubting myself throughout. This would be a really good book for people out there who love the Nancy Drew books. I, for one, used to be obsessed and I think I read every single one of them so this was a page-turner for me.
 
***Thanks go out to Poisoned Pen Press for supplying me with an ARC for reviewing purposes. This did not influence my rating or review in any way.***
 
Thanks for reading!
~Bri
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment